Labels

Friday, March 23, 2012

SHE-Ra: Thoughts Behind the Name


I hope you guys don't mind the name that I picked. If you'd rather we can pick something else together and try to find a blog name that is open. I think I might just have some weird fascination with She-Ra. I don't really even know that much about her. I might have to do some research on her....

So! My thoughts on the name. I wanted to pick something that was both fun and motivational. I wanted to find something that encompassed as vast as a group as possible. Then I kind of stumbled upon the thought that we all need to 'fight' for ourselves. When I was pregnant with my little girl we nick-named her She-Ra because she acted quite strong and rambunctious. I think that may have led to the name. Then I started thinking about the attributes that we might be searching for. That's when I noticed that 'S' 'H' and 'E' could all be something: Strong, Hot, and Energetic. That's pretty much what we're looking for, right? I mean we could change the Hot to be Healthy and it might seem a little more appropriate, but every woman wants to be beautiful. You guys let me know what you think on that. I might just go ahead and change it. :) I have the power... right? ;)

Anyway, I'm glad we've got some participation! It's going to be a fun team that we create. Lots of great women coming together to help each other along. Go us!!!

BTW, I changed the 'H'. Women are beautiful. We don't need to strive for that. No matter our shape, size, color, age, etc. etc. We ARE beautiful. Plus, it's better to be beautiful than hot anyway.

We're here for you! :)

No comments: