Labels

Friday, March 23, 2012

Diet is a 4 Letter Word

Do you guys hate the word 'diet'? I know I do. I've tried a couple of time to go on a 'no sugar diet'. I've been successful, but not for a terribly long time. I've heard, in quite a few places, that the best thing for you to do is to make adjustments that you can live with forever. You don't want all of your hard work to just go down the drain when you decide that you're finished with your 'diet'.

During the first 10 weeks (or so) of my journey I didn't really do any exercising. I focused on taking control of my appetite. I signed up for a FREE program that I can easily track my calories. This website offers a ton! It will track your weight-loss. It has options to enter in your own recipes and figure out their calories. You can put in your exercise and earn back some of the calories that you need to finish out the day. They have a HUGE amount of info already put in so all you have to do is search for the food or exercise that you need figured out and it already has it. My favorite thing, the fact that they have an App. I know I can get it on my iTouch (which goes all over with me). When I don't have internet available I can still input information and it will sync when it is next connected. I'm sure their App is available for lots of different phones and such too.

Anyway.... the site I'm talking about is called MyFitnessPal . I already know several people that are using it or have used it. It's helped them a lot. My best suggestion for all of you is to use this program or find one that fits your needs. One of the best things you could do for yourself is to start actually paying attention to what you are putting into your body. Once you realize what you've been doing to yourself it becomes easier to slowly build up some good habits. You'll find things that give you the same things you felt you 'needed' before that end up being so much better for your body in the long run.

You can do this!

No comments: