Labels

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stuck

So, I'm a little frustrated with myself lately. I kind of feel like I've been stuck around this -10 lbs for forever. In fact I can right out say, I've been hovering around it for 6 weeks. I hit it and then have gone up and down. I think part of it could be the fact that I've started actually exercising and maybe it's muscle growth....? The other part, now, is that I am feeling discouraged and am probably sabotaging myself.

I've been on this journey for 15 weeks and I know I should be farther down the path than I am. I keep thinking of 'excuses' for why this is going on, but really I don't want to make them. Maybe it's this season of Biggest Loser getting to me. I don't need excuses. I know that I can do this. I guess I just need to remind myself why I am doing this.

Why do I want to lose weight?
  • I want my body to feel better. I'm sick of aches and pains that shouldn't be a problem with my 26 year old body.
  • I want to look good. I'm tired of trying on 5 different outfits because I feel fat in each of them.
  • I want to be happy. I know that exercising and eating right will actually improve my moods.
  • I don't want to be dependent on food to make me feel better. Food is fuel, not therapy.

I guess I just need to recommit myself to this process. I know it isn't going to be easy. I'm going to have to do it a pound at a time.

Anyway, sorry for sharing my personal pep talk. I just wanted to put it out there. I hope you are all doing well and feeling good about your journey.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I feel the same way, I think the weight should be coming off faster than it is. When the number doesn't change after a week of exercising and eating fairly well I get VERY discouraged! Then that just makes me want to eat! I have read that the slower it takes to loss weight the more likely you are to keep it off. :).

Teena said...

I hear ya, Kelli and Lori. It has been a tough few weeks for me, too. It has been so hard to be motivated to eat well. I love the quote by Pres. Monson, "Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, “I'll try again tomorrow.” Let's have courage ladies and "try again tomorrow"! We can do it!

Kelli said...

Thanks you two! I think we just need a little push every now and again. Thanks for reminding me on that quote, Teena. That's exactly what we need to do. Try again tomorrow.