Labels

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hi!

Hi, everyone! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Tara Peterson. I started my weight loss journey seriously on March 10, 2011. I remember clearly what prompted me to start losing weight, and getting healthy. I was paying bills one Saturday morning, and had my 3 year old in tow. She was on my hip, and my shirt was a little tight. After baby, things change, right? That pooch has never gone away. Anyway, the lady that was taking my payment looked at me, and said, "Oh, congratulations! When are you due? It's so special to have little ones so close in age!" That was it. I was done. Since that time, I have lost 57 pounds. That's more than my (now) almost 4 year old!


A little back story:

I have always been big. I have never had the opportunity or experience to be a regular size. My motto, I guess, is go big or go home. I've never had the chance to wear a 2-piece swimsuit. Never had the opportunity to feel comfortable in my own skin. I graduated from high school in 2005. Right after high school, I moved over to Logan, and started going to Utah State. I started working at Convergys, met my (ex) husband, and slowly started killing myself with food. Got married, put on more weight. Got pregnant, put on more weight. Had a baby, split from ex, put on more weight. Nursed for 14 months, put on more weight. Stopped nursing, lost 10 pounds, put on more weight. Etc. After it was all said and done, I was 73 pounds heavier than I had been in high school. I started and stopped many times over the next three years. That day in March, though, stands out in my mind because I was done feeling fat, done feeling unattractive, done getting asked if I was pregnant when I'm pretty sure I'm still a single mom with no prospects. Ugh. So, in a word, DONE.

The next step was for me to join Weight Watchers. I cannot stay enough good things about this program. It has been a life-changing journey for me. Sometimes I do great, sometimes not so much. But each day is a new day, a new opportunity to change your life. The pounds slowly come off, and each time I get on that scale, and it reflects a loss, I am reminded why I am doing this. I am doing this for me. I am doing this for Emma. I am doing this for my family, my health, and MY benefit. I am doing this so I can be there for Emma. I am doing this so I can run and not be weary, and walk and not faint. I am doing this so I can play with my daughter. There will be people out there who are not supportive of them. Screw them. Don't let other people tell you you can't do it. You can. If I can do it, you can do it! Dig deep, find your center, and remember what motivates you.

Here's a before and after of me so far on my journey:

So, anyway. There's my story. I'm here to keep you all motivated, to help us all become SHE! :)

Ta-ta for now!

Tara

4 comments:

Kelli said...

LOVE!!!! Thanks for being an inspiration and an awesome cheerleader! You are amazing!

Sondra said...

Keep up the good work you can do it:)

Life as Linds said...

I remember you in high school! I think we were in choir together? Is that real?

Anyways, your daughter is adorable and it will be fun to follow your progress! Hoooray!

~Mama T said...

Thanks, everybody!

And Lindsay! Um, yes, I remember you!! How the heck are you, anyway? :)