Labels

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lisa

Hi, my name is Lisa. I am just starting on my new lifestyle journey. My weight gain started after high school and I haven't really don't to much about it. It has come on slowly and after I had my daughter I gained some more. I have told myself that I would never reach a certain weight. Thankfully I haven't but I did come within 10 pounds. I knew right then and there that I needed to do something differently. My goal is to lose 30+ lbs. It is hard to cook great healthy meals cause my husband needs the carbs for work. (He has lost 70 lbs. in 5 yrs.) and carbs are so yummy, I also have a huge sweet tooth. I have started to add more veggies to our meals. I am going to plant a garden this year too. Cause there is nothing like fresh fruits and veggies :) I have also started to drink more water. My other goal is to exercise more. I need to get off of my butt. I have started to go to a Zumba class and it is GREAT!!!! (I know that she will be doing it at Deweyville's Town Hall soon and only charge $2.50-$3.00 a class if anyone is interested. I will know more details later.) Since it is getting warmer outside, bike rides are on the horizon too. I know that being on here is going to help me stay motivated. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm glad you've joined us Lisa! :) What does Randy do for work that gets him moving that much? Hopefully we can give you lots of ideas on meals that would work for both of you!

L.Skinner said...

He works at the Wal-Mart D.C. in Corinne and order fills. Basically he does cardio for at least 8 hours a day.