Labels

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hello, I'm Brittney!

Hi! My name is Brittney.
My weight has been up and down a ton over the past 8 years. I like to blame some of it on medications and a lot of it on motivation.
I was very active in high school and could eat pretty much anything I wanted without any issues. Once I moved to college that all changed. That's when I first started putting on weight. It was very gradual, so I could barely tell.
One day it hit me it was an issue when I weighed almost as much as my husband and I was about 30 lbs heavier than I was in high school. I'm a lot shorter than him and really shouldn't be near his weight. At the time I was going through some life issues where I just didn't have any self-esteem so I wasn't motivated to make a change. I didn't like myself, but it just helped me with my self-pity party.
Eventually, I decided I wasn't going to wallow in self-pity any more. I was going to change and nobody could get in my way. It also helped that I had a big vacation booked in a few months and I wanted to look better for the pictures than I'd looked in years.
I started to do the Couch to 5k program. It really helped me get motivated and get going. I was also counting all my calories. The pounds came right off! And they kept coming off.
I was so motivated especially since I was seeing dramatic results. My clothes were fitting and I just felt happier all around.
I met my goal weight for our vacation, but I decided to keep going and see where it took me. After a few more months I was able to hit what would have been my "dream weight". I felt so good because not only did I look much better, but I was able to set and achieve a goal!
In the end, I think I lost about 30 lbs total and lost several pant sizes.
Now I am trying to maintain my weight. I really enjoy eating healthy foods, but a have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth, especially at night. I do my Zumba every morning. (Although I really tried to like running I just couldn't do it. Not for me.) I LOVE doing Zumba and it helps so much to do something that I don't dread every day.
I tend to eat more and lose self-control when I have a lot of stress in my life. My weight has fluctuated, but I'm committed to never let it get back to where it was when I was my heaviest. Being healthy is not something you do for a few months, I believe it really is a lifestyle. My lifestyle is very different from before. I actually enjoy being active and feel yucky when I'm not.
I'm excited to be part of this group and to hear YOUR success stories!
Before:




After: (a few months ago)


1 comment:

Kelli said...

Brittney! I'm so excited to have you here to motivate and encourage us! You look awesome!